Hints, tips and ideas for a hassle free Christmas
- Remove turkey to room temperature on Christmas morning. Cooking from room temperature, allows a more even cooking
- Cooking time depends on the size of the bird. A fresh, free range 5 kilo bird, will take 2-2 1/2 hours
- The easiest way to ensure your turkey is thoroughly cooked, is to use a digital thermometer. At Foxholes, we will supply you, free of charge, with a turkey timer. Pushed into the thickest part of the flesh, the timer will ‘pop up’ when your bird is ready
- Don’t worry if your turkey is ready way before you expect; it will sit quite happily and keep warm, lightly covered in foil, for up to 2 hours
- Cutting crosses into brussel sprouts is a tradition which, with modern growing techniques, is no longer necessary. Today’s more tender vegetables means you would be more likely to end up with mush, than firm vegetables.